It’s Friday again and I feel like I’m making forward progress on a few fronts but the to-do list never gets any shorter. I don’t have one specific thing I’m interested in musing about today but do have several little bits I’ve been thinking about in the last week or so. I guess that means it’s s perfect day for some scattered randomness. I feel like a list is appropriate because we must have some order in this Universe of chaos…
1. I visited my bro on Sunday and among our discussions was the topic of the SpaceX launch which took place a week ago Tuesday. He was there .. in the Launch Command Center!! He’s a rocket scientist (oh the endless family jokes about that) and was back up for one of the Command stations. He said it really does go down like it looks in the movies. That’s some pretty cool shit!! I’d love to go see a launch sometime but it’s almost impossible to plan a trip for that cuz they often “scrub” the launches due to weather (among other things). I think with the success of this latest endeavor Musk is definitely going to make a serious go of dominating Space Travel. 🤔
2. It’s Friday again and I’ve missed several Opportunities to post first drafts because, well.. life. I’ve also missed several sessions with my Thursday writing group due to other things going on and I really need to get back to it. There’s also a Poetry contest I wanted to submit to but have been procrastinating that. All that is no bueno so I need to get my act together and re-focus my energy.
3. Last night we celebrated my darling daughter finishing the UNO summer scholars program and she now has her first college credits. She’s a senior in High school this fall and will graduate next spring and hasn’t decided where she will want to go. If she does choose UNO that would be super cool as we may end up being students there at the same time (and I’d love to keep her close to home). I know she originally wanted to go somewhere far, but living on campus briefly this summer was eye-opening and she’s kind of changed her tune on that. We’ll see.
4. Jim and I worked on our “save the date” postcards on our travel home from Colorado as we ended up having 2+hours in the airport to spare. Once we were into it, it was kind of fun, but I still can’t help but think “is this really necessary”. I reached out to another venue this week and waiting to hear back. It should be a priority but it never seems to bubbble to the top. Perhaps we should just elope and spend the money on a super-badass honeymoon instead. 😜
5. I donated blood at the Red Cross this week and passed the hemoglobin test with 12.9 without doing anything special (I failed two weeks ago with a 11.5). It affected me more than it ever has and I wonder if that has something to do with the change in altitude? 🤔 My blood pressure was super low and the next day when I went to Jazzercise I could hardly do the routines. I literally felt like I was going to pass out. Now that I’m not working I have this feeling I’m not contributing enough.. to something other than being a Mom and “housewife”. It’s funny how my days are still just as full now, and I don’t feel like I have time to do more. Donating only takes an hour or so and it gives me the warm-fuzzies. Perhaps I’ll look into other volunteer opportunities. Of course school starts in about two weeks and then I’ll probably be back to feeling overwhelmed.
I think that’s it for this last Friday in June. Time to go find caffeine and take on the day…