There’s literally like a dozen different possible introductions for today’s (B-Side) topic…let’s see how many I can pull out of a hat before you guess what’s happening next…
- My Ex Matt always had a distaste for my personal “experiments”. Little spur-of-the-moment behavior modifications or ideas I would entertain about making changes in my life. To be fair, it mostly revolved around fad diets or the even more nonsensical notion of buying my dream house. He’d roll eyes and not be very supportive, but I’d do what I want anyway cuz ain’t nobody gonna tell me what to do with my time. (Reason 19 we’re not together anymore).
- I’ve been daydreaming a lot lately about what the world would be like without social media. Or the vast invasive disease the internet has become.
- I really want to embrace the idea of not taking life too seriously. I miss that good ole’ “I don’t give a Fuck” Spirit which was the embodiment of my Tumblr blog.
- Time travel hasn’t been invented yet.
Have you figured out what’s happening next yet? Need more?…
- In 2014 I conducted an experiment where I tried something new each week and wrote about my experience. 52 weeks of tiny micro-experiments and writing almost every day. BTW, that’s when the clandestine Miss SugarCookie was born.
- The dresser in my spare bedroom is home to my original iPod.. one with a big touch dual and small-is black and grey screen. No idea what the model is but it’s old BUT.. it still works!
- I still keep a paper phone/address book and have loads of paper, envelopes, and stamps.
Is that enough. It certainly feels like more than enough.
I’m bout to take this bi-aaaach old school. We’re talking about dialing things back to like 2005 or 2001 or 1997 or however far I have to go to get rid of Facebook and smartphones with apps and constant notifications, life revolving around the electronic in-box, and looking everything up on google.
Of course, because of #4, some serious preparations are in order. I mean, I guess since I can’t go back to 1997, I have to bring 1997 to 2021. Or rather mix the two like some unnatural amalgamation of epic proportions.
I haven’t told Jim yet. I just got this brain child of an idea about 2 hours ago. No idea how he will react. In all honesty I haven’t even worked out what, when, how, or how long. Thinking however that 1 week seems to be the right duration and beginning on Monday of next week will be good.
That was easy. I think answering exactly “what” will be more challenging.
Isn’t this ridiculous?
Isn’t this fun and exciting?
I’m already thinking this is going to be a thing. I’m gonna start a craze. A new mass movement to embrace connecting with real people in real life again. Like remember the days when you had three real honest-to-goodness friends instead of like 300 fake ones?
You know I’ve seen people give up social media. I’ve seen them give it up and announce ON social media that they are giving it up. What the what?? Don’t even get me started.
More on this tomorrow. I gotta go make the dinners.
Cheers for Bringing Back them Good Ole Years,
PS. If you want a letter from me (like bonafide snail mail).. send me your address. 🐌✉️😊