First things first, tipping my hat today as a loyal numbers nerd. It’s eleven eleven. That’s got to mean today is going to be a great day, doesn’t it?… Yes!!
There were a lot of things that happened on Saturday. As I said yesterday, it was too much and too overwhelming to write about. Like a big plate of broccoli.. if there’s one serving on your plate, you have no trouble digging in to consume that deliciousness. But a whole plate overflowing with green florets and stems might just make you turn your nose up, put your hand up, and just say “nope.”
Yeah.. it’s was just like that. Yesterday I began to compartmentalize so I could consume all of Saturday. Some things get lost in processing, forgotten as I sift through fading memories. But I do believe I successfully sectioned things into a set of perfect portions. Each of these could be a blog post, I suppose, if I do continue to have the urge to write about it at all. But no promises.
As life continues to happen, whatever is happening today could easily become more important. Still I think that the list will be helpful for posterity….
1. Notes on the 7 presentations I went to at Barcamp.
2. Notes on my own presentation and what I did to cope with my anxiety.
3. Interactions with other Barcamp attendees which included two people I previously dated. Doh!!
4. What happened after it was all over, lunch and walking the Old Market with my daughter, which should include both eating delicious cheeseburgers and a visit to Hollywood Candy.
5. Notes about getting home just before dark and doing yard work. Which seems minimal compared to the rest of the day, but it’s not.
6. Deciding to reward myself with binge-watching a tv show (Stranger Things season 3), which I gave a third shot to after a terrible first and second episode. I wasn’t disappointed.
7. Not being able to sleep despite the 20 hour day! Good Gravy— what is wrong with me?!!
8. A wrap-up on my time alone in the castle.
I think that’s it. Like I said, life keeps happening and things that need to get done for school and the kids and Jim more of a priority.
That includes finishing the poetry assignment due today for Advanced Poetry Studio and several forms and workshop materials that have to get submitted for winter Residency for my MFA today.
The kids are out of school because it’s veteran’s day. And it’s snowed. Not that THAT is news or has anything to do with anything except ewwww snow! Ick!!
Jim is back home and took the day off too just to get a bunch of stuff done before going back to work tomorrow. Needless to say, my attentions are already being tested.
On that note, I’m gonna Jam before the day really starts getting away from me.
Taking One damn bite at a time,