… to do when you fall asleep at 9PM and wake up before the butt crack of dawn:
1. Open the curtains and windows cuz it’s a beautiful day.
2. Realize the sunrise is amazing and put on sweatpants to stand in your driveway to take some pics.
3. Decide better shots are waiting at the top of the hill and get in your car and drive.
4. Take some great snaps of a pink cloud filled sky from your car while stopped at stoplights.
5. Go to Wal-mart cuz you are out of oatmeal and cilantro and you’re in pajamas already so you’ll fit right in.
6. Get in your car and drive home cuz the sunrise is finished and you’re so over it.
7. Put your groceries away.
8. Change out the filter in your water pitcher.
9. Check Sunday stats in your AWS environment and update the customer metrics spreaadsheet.
10. Hit the Gym!
That’s been my day so far.. and it’s just now only 7:30am!
I’ve got other lists if you are interested. Just ask me. 😜
Getting to the gym early and some ass-hat is on my machine. Not only am I on a different machine, but I forgot my water and that bites. On the bright side, the tunes in my ear are brilliant so far. Right now it’s “The Fear” by Lily Allen. A classic. She was pretty much a one album Wonder, but I still dig when those tunes come up in the shuffle.
Sprinkle in a little Cake and some Imagine Dragons and “Walaa” … Magic!
And just about the time I think it can’t get better, I realize I’m playing one of my favorite gym mix playlists. No wonder. It’s not the Universe that’s magic, it’s just me and another one of my lists.
It’s Monday again and I’m on this kick where I choose some area to focus on and set a goal for the week. This week it’s got to be food and diet, and crossing not one, not two, but 5 things off my June list. Since I’m traveling about half of this month, I’ve got a limited amount of time to work with, and a seemingly never ending list of “stuff” that needs to get done.
On the food thing, I’m instituting a list of restrictions and a few other “rules”. I’m not going all cray-cray with it, like starting that Whole 30 nonsense again (yet). I’m going to see how I do with just a few steps in that general direction first.
1. Gluten free. Yeah… no bread. Bread makes you fat.
2. No added sugars (with a few realistic exceptions). Sugar makes you fat.
3. Minimize dairy.. just a reasonable amount of cheese.
4. Drinking at least 120 oz water every day.
5. Fasting from 8pm till 11am each day
I think that’s enough for now. We’ll see what turns out to be the hardest part.
On the monthly goals list I’m planning to check off the following:
1. Get my W4 changed.
2. Order my summer school books.
3. Get the recall maintenance on my car scheduled/done.
4. Use my Recyclebank points before they go away forever (hey that’s today).
5. Get tomato/pepper cages and get them put in.
Ok, I think that’s enough lists for one day/week. It’s time to stop planning and start crossing that shit off.
Making Monday My Bitch!